Narayan Sai`s female disciple Jamna to be produced in court
Zee Media Bureau
Surat: Controversial godman Asaram`s son Narayan Sai`s close accomplice Jamna will be produced in a court here on Wednesday.
Jamna yesterday surrendered before the police in connection with a rape case registered against him by one of two city-based sisters.
Jamna, who is said to be mother of Sai`s son, had evaded questioning by police since he was arrested on December 4 in connection with the rape case.
Police said Jamna had been named in the original FIR and her interrogation will strengthen the case against Sai.
Jamna had informed police that she was in an ashram in Madhya Pradesh.
Sai was apprehended from Haryana-Delhi border after evading arrest for nearly two months in the sexual assault case lodged against him by an inmate of his Surat-based ashram.
Sai himself had admitted to police on December 11 that he had had physical relationship with eight of his female disciples.
Two sisters had lodged complaints against Sai and his father Asaram of rape, sexual assault, illegal confinement and other charges.
Surat police had booked 40-year-old Sai under various sections including rape, unnatural sex, molestation, wrongful confinement, unlawful assembly, rioting armed with deadly weapon, criminal intimidation and criminal conspiracy of the IPC.
In her complaint, the younger of the two sisters had accused Sai of repeated sexual assault between 2002 and 2005 when she was living at the Surat ashram.
Sai`s father Asaram, 72, is in Jodhpur Central Jail for sexually assaulting a girl, 16, in his Jodhpur ashram of Rajasthan in August. Asaram also played a cat-and-mouse game with the police before he was arrested from Indore Sep 1.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'