Narendra Modi, Advani, Rajnath Singh seen together at public meet
Rajkot: Senior BJP leader LK Advani and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi were seen together for the first time, after the former`s resignation from all party posts, at a condolence meeting of former union minister Bhavna Chikhaliya in Junagadh.
While party president Rajnath Singh and Advani arrived at the Keshod airport in a special air craft and went by road to Junagadh, Modi reached there in a helicopter.
Advani had resigned from all party posts after Modi was elevated to the post of BJP`s Campaign Committee Chief in Goa recently, though he withdrew his resignation later.
This is for the first time the three BJP leaders were seen together at a public function.
The trio paid rich tributes to the departed soul. Chikhaliya died in Ahmedabad on June 28, after suffering a severe heart attack.
Chikhaliya was elected as an MP from Junagadh four times and a minister of state in A B Vajpayee government.
Until recently, she was chairperson of the Gujarat Housing Finance Board.
While paying tributes to her, Rajnath Singh considered her a hardworking leader and said that "Her performance in Parliament was excellent and it is unfortunate that we have lost her".
"Narendrabhai informed me over the phone about her sad demise and it`s a huge loss for the BJP," Advani said.
Modi too recalled Chikhaliya`s sacrifice in politics and said, "When I asked her to contest corporation elections in Junagadh, she did not hesitate to do so and she became a corporator".
"It was not easy to ask a four-time MP and former union minister to contest a municipal corporation election. But when I requested her, she got ready and contested the election," Modi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony