Narendra Modi attacks UPA on cow slaughter `promotion`
Ahmedabad: Ahead of the Gujarat Assembly elections, Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Friday accused the UPA government of promoting cow slaughter for beef exports.
On the occasion of Janmashtami, Modi appealed to the people to reject pink revolution promoting slaughter of mother cow.
"It saddens me that present UPA government led by Congress is promoting slaughtering of cows and exporting beef to bring Pink Revolution," the BJP strongman wrote on his blog while extending Janmashtami greetings.
"Sadly, the UPA seems unbothered about the rich ethos of our culture. It wants to make India the biggest exporter of beef," he said. Assembly elections in Gujarat are due in December.
Modi said we not only revere Lord Krishna but also everything associated with him. The Makhan Chor is always remembered as Sakha (friend) and protector of cows.
"Our future generation is not getting sufficient milk and this Government wants to kill cows that provide us ladder for life," he said on his blog.
"Should we feel proud of this endeavor of UPA government led by Congress, which is founded on the killing of our mother cow," Modi asked the netizens.
Lauding the role of his government for protecting cow progeny, Modi said in Gujarat, we have left no stone unturned to protect Gau Mata.
"We are the only state in India to enact a law for protecting the cow?s progeny and ban cow slaughter," he said.
But, our work does not stop at preventing killing of mother cow but to also ensure their well being. This inspired us to organize cataract operations for cows, Modi stated.
He also extended warm greetings to people on occasion of Janmashtami, the birthday of Lord Krishna, especially children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city