Narendra Modi, BJP putting obstacles in development: Congress
Ahmedabad: Opposition Congress in Gujarat on Sunday tore into Chief Minister Narendra Modi and BJP by terming them as "obstructionists" standing in way of development.
"Whenever Centre undertakes any development work, BJP starts obstructing it and scares people, defames those who embark upon the road of development," alleged senior Congress leader and Incharge of the party affairs in Gujarat Mohan Prakash while addressing `Gujarat Vishwakarma Sammelan` here.
Dismissing BJP`s criticism of diesel price hike and FDI in multi-brand retail, he said, "Where was Modiji when NDA government allowed McDonalds in Gujarat? He has no right to criticise Congress because we are giving those benefits to six crore people of Gujarat, which were offered on silver platter to only six industrial houses by Modi".
In an effort to woo Vishwakarma community in the poll-bound state, Congress leaders berated the Modi government for "ignoring" their plight.
Assembly elections are due in the state by this year-end.
Advisor to Prime Minister on Public Information Infrastructure & Innovations Sam Pitroda was the special invitee at the function.
State unit Congress president Arjun Modhwadia slammed Modi for "imitating" China in a bid to spread technology in the state.
"When Modi talks about 6 crore Gujaratis he never talks about Sam Pitroda, who is also a Guajrati. But if we come to power, we will bring him to Guajarat," Modhwadia said.
He promised of setting up the firstever `artisan development board` in Gujarat and revive `clay artists board` if Congress is voted to power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing