Narendra Modi blames Maharashtra for delay in completing Narmada dam
Vadodara: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said permission to install steel radial gates and spillway piers at the Sardar Sarovar Dam at Kevadiya (about 100 km from here) was still awaited from the Centre and the Narmada Control Authority.
Addressing a campaign rally at Dabhoi in Vadodara district last evening, Modi blamed Congress-NCP government in neighbouring Maharashtra for the delay.
He said Gujarat was prepared to take steps to protect the interests of people in the neighbouring areas of Maharashtra that would be submerged after the height of dam was raised to 138.62 metres (upon installation of gates).
But the matter was pending before the NCA, and it could not grant permission as Maharashtra had objected, he said.
Modi said no land would be submerged as long as the gates were not closed. The gates would not be closed till rehabilitation issue was sorted out, he said.
Congress-NCP-ruled Maharashtra was creating hurdles in the way of early completion of dam work, but Madhya Pradesh had no objection to NCA granting permission to install radial gates, Modi alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside