Narendra Modi calls for computer literate panchayat mantris
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday urged all panchayat mantris (talati) to become computer literate to carry forward the growth of the state.
"To carry forward the growth story of our state you are not only an integrated part of it, but an indispensable organ and if you would be computer illiterate then it will create bottlenecks," Modi said, while addressing a workshop of panchayat mantris in Gandhinagar.
Emphasising the importance of technology, he said there will be a time soon when even human life would not be possible without it.
"Technology is an expression of power," he said while citing different technologies, computer-based development programmes and schemes like broadband connectivity to all village panchayats, e-seva through computers in 13,685 villages, health, agriculture and employment related information through internet at village panchayats.
"If every talati mantri of Gujarat would be computer literate, then no force can bring our state down for next 100 years," he added.
Terming every panchayat mantri as the `chief secretary` of village, Modi announced Rs 1,000 per month cash allowance for each of them.
The day-long workshop was also addressed by education, panchayat, health and family welfare ministers and chief and principal secretaries of the concerned departments.
The event was organised as a part of the golden jubilee celebrations of Panchayati Raj in the state by Ministry of Panchayat and Village Development department.
It was attended by around 8,557 panchayat mantris, 225 taluka development officers (TDOs) and 26 district development officers (DDOs) accross the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug