Narendra Modi endorses Advani`s view, says 2014 will deliver change
Zee Media Bureau/Manisha Singh
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi said on Wednesday that 2014 General Elections will deliver a change. He was speaking at an event here, where party patriarch LK Advani shared the dais with him.
"Advani ji has said it with confidence. And I trust what Advani ji has said that 2014 will deliver change," the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate for next Lok Sabha polls said.
On the issue of where India stands globally, Modi said that one had to make a place in the world. "World sees the strengths you have. It sees as to how your economy is and how you are embracing technology," he maintained, adding, "Earlier maybe military or economic power was accepted as strength but today there are other factors too which stand out and one such factor is knowledge."
"It is important to scale new heights of knowledge and create manpower than can help in Rashtra Nirman," Modi said.
The Gujarat CM also highlighted the power of youth. "We are blessed with youth power. Imagine the way they can contribute towards nation building," he said.
He also emphasised on the fact that it was important for any government to fulfil the aspirations of the people. "Aspirations are rising. Governments have to fulfil these aspirations," Modi said.
Meanwhile, in an indication that Advani was warming up to Modi, the BJP patriarch said today that he would be happy if the Gujarat CM becomes the next PM of India. The senior BJP leader was reportedly unhappy when Modi was anointed the party`s PM candidate for 2014 and had stayed away from the parliamentary board meet in New Delhi when the all-important decision was taken.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark