Narendra Modi features on Time`s cover
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi figures on the cover of the forthcoming issue of Time
magazine which praises him in an article for development of
the state he has been ruling for over a decade but wonders if
he can become the Prime Minister.
The cover of the Time magazine`s March 26 issue features
Modi, with the caption: "Modi means business but can he lead
In an article titled "Boy from the backyard", in the
forthcoming edition, the US magazines describes Modi as a
"controversial, ambitious and shrewd politician". It also
mentions his series of day-long Sadbhavana fasts to reach out
to the people of the state.
"It`s Modi in makeover mode: an act of self-purification,
humility and bridge building in a state that is still
traumatised by the Hindu-led anti-Muslim massacres of 10 years
ago and the flawed investigations in their wake...," the
The Time magazine article says Modi is a firm,
"no-nonsense leader" who can steer India out of a "mire of
chronic corruption and inefficiency".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...