Narendra Modi flags off ‘Run for Unity’, hails Sardar Patel
Zee Media Bureau
Vadodara: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the "Run For Unity" marathon here on Sunday.
While flagging off the marathon, Modi said, “This is a run for unity, to unite people.”
“This is an effort to fulfil the dreams and aspirations of Indians. Do not link this effort towards unity with politics,” he said further.
Hailing Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, Modi said it was him who had save the country from getting disintegrated.
“Gujarat has been able to march forward only because of unity,” he stated.
As per officials, more than 1.85 lakh people were expected to participate in the marathon, which will be a record.
Youth and others responded positively to the appeal made by Modi to pay tribute Sardar Patel on his 63rd death anniversary today.
Modi`s effort to start a movement to collect iron for the Statue of Unity will be launched along with the event and it is scheduled to be completed before January 26, 2014, which is Republic Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing