Narendra Modi forgetting Gujarat people in his rush to become PM: Babbar
Rajkot: Congress leader Raj Babbar on Saturday accused Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi of "ignoring" people of his state, including minorities, in his rush to become prime minister of the country.
"Modi is in hurry to become prime minister and has forgotten his duty to serve as chief minister of Gujarat," Babbar said.
He was addressing the 14th national workshop on minority community, organised by Strive for Eminence and Empowerment (SEE).
"Modi is so preoccupied with his prime ministerial ambitions that he is ignoring people of Gujarat and also the minority community in the state," the actor-turned-politician said.
State unit president Arjun Modhvadia alleged that Modi government was under-utilising the funds provided by Centre for the welfare of people.
"Modi is taking special care of few industrialists but is ignoring the problems faced by the people of minority community in Gujarat," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back