Narendra Modi forgetting Gujarat people in his rush to become PM: Babbar
Rajkot: Congress leader Raj Babbar on Saturday accused Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi of "ignoring" people of his state, including minorities, in his rush to become prime minister of the country.
"Modi is in hurry to become prime minister and has forgotten his duty to serve as chief minister of Gujarat," Babbar said.
He was addressing the 14th national workshop on minority community, organised by Strive for Eminence and Empowerment (SEE).
"Modi is so preoccupied with his prime ministerial ambitions that he is ignoring people of Gujarat and also the minority community in the state," the actor-turned-politician said.
State unit president Arjun Modhvadia alleged that Modi government was under-utilising the funds provided by Centre for the welfare of people.
"Modi is taking special care of few industrialists but is ignoring the problems faced by the people of minority community in Gujarat," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured