Narendra Modi govt rebuts Kejriwal`s charge on Gujarat`s development
Zee Media Bureau
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat government on Wednesday rebutted claims made by Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejriwal that Chief Minister Narendra Modi has been speaking “white lies” on state`s development and responded to the 16 questions raised by him recently.
Responding to Kejriwal`s allegations against the state`s land acquisition policy, the Modi government said Gujarat has the best land acquisition policy in the country, which has even got the Supreme Court`s approval.
Stressing that the state`s land acquisition policy is fair, the Modi government said that farmers across the state are compensated at current market prices and that no land has been acquired forcefully.
The Modi government also condemned Kejriwal for spreading false words on development in the state and claiming that over 5000 farmers committed suicide due to crop failure.
A senior BJP leader from Gujarat Sambit Patra also reacted by saying Kejriwal, who is better known as Mr U-turn, has been giving wrong figures related to farmers` suicide in the state and stated that only one farmer has committed suicide in the past 10 years.
In a point-by-point rebuttal of Kejriwal`s allegations, the Gujarat government solely denied that Chief Minister has made development as his hallmark in his attempt to make a pitch for the country`s top job.
The reaction from the state government came a day after Kejriwal announced in Varanasi that he would contest the General Elections against Modi in the Uttar Pradesh temple town and dared him for an open debate.
Kejriwal had made serious allegations against Modi and his government during his recent visit to Gujarat.
The former Delhi Chief Minister also raised 16 questions on Modi`s repeated claims state`s development and said that he wanted to meet the BJP leader to discuss all the issues with him.
Kejriwal claimed that his visited Gujarat to ‘verify’ the development claims of Modi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler