Narendra Modi hits back at Patel; says dynasty produces `sultans`
Ahmedabad: A day after senior Congress leader Ahmed Patel dubbed him as "sultan", Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday hit back saying it is "dynasty that produces sultans".
Patel, political secretary to Congress president Sonia Gandhi, had, while addressing a rally in Jambusar, said, "Modi wants to rule Gujarat like a sultan of six crore people. People have to stop this sultan."
Countering the attack, Modi said, "He (Patel) called Modi a `sultan!...But it is dynasty that produces sultans and you spent your life in the service of these sultans in New Delhi, hence you cannot think of any other word."
"We are here due to the support of people and Ahmed miyan, if you understand democracy, the word sultan would never have come out!," Modi said.
Meanwhile, Patel, who campaigned at Mangrol in Surat today, continued his tirade against Modi saying he is the "most corrupt person" in Gujarat.
"He (Modi) is saying that there is no corruption in Gujarat government. But it has been proved that he is the most corrupt person in Gujarat...If dogs from across the world are released, they would find Chief Minister`s bungalow in Gandhinagar, a hub of corruption," Patel said.
Raking up the issue of Congress chief ministerial candidate for Gujarat, Modi had said around ten days back that opposition party wants to make Patel the chief minister of the state, but are afraid to declare it in public.
Expressing displeasure over Modi`s remarks, Congress poll committee chairman Shankersingh Vaghela had accused Modi of dragging the name of Ahmed Patel into electioneering ahead of Gujarat Assembly polls because he "wanted to play the communal card".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand