Narendra Modi living in world of dreams: Arjun Modhwadia
Ahmedabad: Taking a jibe at the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) over the infighting within its fold on the 2014 Prime Ministerial candidate, Gujarat Congress president Arjun Modhwadia on Saturday said Lal Krishna Advani used to dream about occupying the country`s topmost post and now Narendra Modi is living in the world of same dreams.
"Bharatiya Janata Party and Narendra Modi, both have the right to dream. Previously, Lal Krishna Advani ji used to dream for the prime ministerial post and now Narendra Modi is living in the world of same dreams. I congratulate him for his dreams," he told the media in Ahmedabad.
Meanwhile, BJP spokesperson Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi exuded confidence in choosing Modi for the Prime Minister`s post.
"We are proud of the fact that we have so many leaders in our party who are acceptable and are capable to run the country and Narendra Modi is among the important and suitable name for the post of the Prime Minister," he told the media in Allahabad.
Janata Dal-United (JD-U) chief Sharad Yadav said that the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) would hold a meeting and then take a final call on its Prime Ministerial candidate
"We never discuss these things and these issues are to be worked out by the coalition partners of NDA and we cannot decide it. The party will sit for the meeting and decide," he told the media in Patna.
Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav commenting on the issue said that it is an internal matter of the BJP.
"These are all internal matters of their party," he said.
There is speculation that Narendra Modi, who secured an electoral hat-trick in Gujarat in December last year, may spearhead the BJP``s campaign in 2014 polls.
Senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha and noted lawyer Ram Jethmalani have last month openly endorsed Modi`s name as Prime Ministerial candidate. Other BJP leaders have been so far evasive on this issue.
The Shiv Sena has, however, said that Sushma Swaraj is its first choice for the Prime Ministerial candidate in 2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof