Narendra Modi neglecting coastal security in Gujarat: Congress MP
Panaji: Congress MP Shantaram Naik on Tuesday accused Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi of "neglecting" coastal security in the border state and not using high-tech patrol boats provided to his government by the Centre.
"Modi has neglected the security of Gujarat coast which is close to Pakistan. This can be a real threat to the nation," he told a press conference here.
"A total of 30 boats equipped with night vision cameras were given to Gujarat government but they were yet to be put into service," Naik claimed and accused the Modi administration of compromising on India`s security.
"Money given to establish police stations in coastal areas was being used to build police stations in Ahmedabad and other cities far away from the coast," the Rajya Sabha MP from Goa said.
Gujarat is geographically close to Pakistan and a lax vigil on its coast would be a threat to the national security, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan