Narendra Modi neglecting coastal security in Gujarat: Congress MP
Panaji: Congress MP Shantaram Naik on Tuesday accused Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi of "neglecting" coastal security in the border state and not using high-tech patrol boats provided to his government by the Centre.
"Modi has neglected the security of Gujarat coast which is close to Pakistan. This can be a real threat to the nation," he told a press conference here.
"A total of 30 boats equipped with night vision cameras were given to Gujarat government but they were yet to be put into service," Naik claimed and accused the Modi administration of compromising on India`s security.
"Money given to establish police stations in coastal areas was being used to build police stations in Ahmedabad and other cities far away from the coast," the Rajya Sabha MP from Goa said.
Gujarat is geographically close to Pakistan and a lax vigil on its coast would be a threat to the national security, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming