Narendra Modi offers medical help to Deshmukh
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday asked officials from the health department to offer medical help to union minister and senior Congress leader Vilasrao Deshmukh who is undergoing treatment for a serious liver ailment at a hospital in Chennai.
Modi has instructed the Gujarat health department to arrange cadaver liver (liver of a dead person) on top priority for the ailing Union Minister.
"Instructed Gujarat`s health department to procure cadaver liver on top priority for Vilasrao Deshmukh, who is undergoing treatment," Modi wrote on twitter.
The 67 year-old former Maharashtra chief minister was flown to Chennai for a possible liver transplant, but the doctors there said that his condition has to improve before any decision could be taken on such a course.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu