Narendra Modi offers medical help to Deshmukh
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday asked officials from the health department to offer medical help to union minister and senior Congress leader Vilasrao Deshmukh who is undergoing treatment for a serious liver ailment at a hospital in Chennai.
Modi has instructed the Gujarat health department to arrange cadaver liver (liver of a dead person) on top priority for the ailing Union Minister.
"Instructed Gujarat`s health department to procure cadaver liver on top priority for Vilasrao Deshmukh, who is undergoing treatment," Modi wrote on twitter.
The 67 year-old former Maharashtra chief minister was flown to Chennai for a possible liver transplant, but the doctors there said that his condition has to improve before any decision could be taken on such a course.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- 'Selfie' with Bulandshahr DM B Chandrakala lands 18-year-old in jail
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!