Narendra Modi offers medical help to Deshmukh
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday asked officials from the health department to offer medical help to union minister and senior Congress leader Vilasrao Deshmukh who is undergoing treatment for a serious liver ailment at a hospital in Chennai.
Modi has instructed the Gujarat health department to arrange cadaver liver (liver of a dead person) on top priority for the ailing Union Minister.
"Instructed Gujarat`s health department to procure cadaver liver on top priority for Vilasrao Deshmukh, who is undergoing treatment," Modi wrote on twitter.
The 67 year-old former Maharashtra chief minister was flown to Chennai for a possible liver transplant, but the doctors there said that his condition has to improve before any decision could be taken on such a course.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming