Narendra Modi on Iron Man`s `Lion` connection
Zee Media Bureau
Ahmednagar: Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Tuesday said that Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel worked for uniting the nation and his party would do the same.
Invoking Sardar Patel`s legacy, the Gujarat Chief Minsiter said that if the former home minister hadn`t been there, then one would have to take a visa to go to Junagadh and Gir Lions would have been in Pakistan.
Sardar Patel joined farmers from different parts of the country in the freedom struggle, Modi said, adding, “If you remember Mahatma Gandhi, you have to remember Sardar as well.”
Attacking the Congress, Modi said, people say that Sardar Patel was a Congressman and he appropriated him, but I say he was a great Indian and served the country.
Modi made the comments while inaugurating Khodal Dhan Agri vision India - 2014 at Rajkot.
The Gujarat Chief Minister laid the foundation stone of Saradar Patel`s `Statue of Unity` on his birth anniversary near Sardar Sarovar dam last year.
The 182-metre-tall "Statue of Unity" is coming up on an island on Narmada river at an estimated cost of Rs 2,074 crore. Modi had laid the foundation stone for the project in October and is garnering support from other states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India