Narendra Modi pats ISRO on Mars mission
New Delhi: BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Tuesday congratulated ISRO scientists on the successful launch of `Mangalyaan` saying the milestone has placed India in a select club of countries.
Talking to reporters at the residence of senior party leader M M Joshi, Modi said it is believed that Mars and Earth are connected to each other. "The probe will help the human race better understand the relation (between the two planets)," he said.
He hoped the launch of the `Mangalyaan` (Mars orbiter) will augur well for India.
"When we had success in Chandrayan mission, I had gone there (ISRO) to thank the scientists and technicians. Today, I am not able to go there but I congratulate them all those involved in the successful launching of the Mars Mission".
Joshi, a physics professor, said it was time India worked more seriously on solid fuel technology as it can make the launch vehicle more compact and lighter.
"A GSLV launch vehicle would have been a better option. But I believe for that we would have to wait for another year or so...The launch has put India in the league of four countries to have this capability," he said.
The BJP leader said since Indians believe Mars to be the son of Earth, the probe will help establish the fact that whether there was life or whether it is possible to have life on the Red Planet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!