Narendra Modi pats ISRO on Mars mission
New Delhi: BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Tuesday congratulated ISRO scientists on the successful launch of `Mangalyaan` saying the milestone has placed India in a select club of countries.
Talking to reporters at the residence of senior party leader M M Joshi, Modi said it is believed that Mars and Earth are connected to each other. "The probe will help the human race better understand the relation (between the two planets)," he said.
He hoped the launch of the `Mangalyaan` (Mars orbiter) will augur well for India.
"When we had success in Chandrayan mission, I had gone there (ISRO) to thank the scientists and technicians. Today, I am not able to go there but I congratulate them all those involved in the successful launching of the Mars Mission".
Joshi, a physics professor, said it was time India worked more seriously on solid fuel technology as it can make the launch vehicle more compact and lighter.
"A GSLV launch vehicle would have been a better option. But I believe for that we would have to wait for another year or so...The launch has put India in the league of four countries to have this capability," he said.
The BJP leader said since Indians believe Mars to be the son of Earth, the probe will help establish the fact that whether there was life or whether it is possible to have life on the Red Planet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway