Narendra Modi pats ISRO on Mars mission
New Delhi: BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Tuesday congratulated ISRO scientists on the successful launch of `Mangalyaan` saying the milestone has placed India in a select club of countries.
Talking to reporters at the residence of senior party leader M M Joshi, Modi said it is believed that Mars and Earth are connected to each other. "The probe will help the human race better understand the relation (between the two planets)," he said.
He hoped the launch of the `Mangalyaan` (Mars orbiter) will augur well for India.
"When we had success in Chandrayan mission, I had gone there (ISRO) to thank the scientists and technicians. Today, I am not able to go there but I congratulate them all those involved in the successful launching of the Mars Mission".
Joshi, a physics professor, said it was time India worked more seriously on solid fuel technology as it can make the launch vehicle more compact and lighter.
"A GSLV launch vehicle would have been a better option. But I believe for that we would have to wait for another year or so...The launch has put India in the league of four countries to have this capability," he said.
The BJP leader said since Indians believe Mars to be the son of Earth, the probe will help establish the fact that whether there was life or whether it is possible to have life on the Red Planet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Check uaresults.nic.in for Uttarakhand Board Class 12 result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes