Narendra Modi questions Sonia`s `silence` on inflation
Jasdan: Criticising UPA government for its ‘failure’ to keep its 2009 pre-poll promise on inflation, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Monday questioned Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s "silence" on the issue.
"Sonia Gandhi criticised Gujarat`s development but never said a word on the pre-poll promise made by UPA in 2009 to bring down inflation within 100 days if voted to power," Modi said at a party function here.
"UPA government has been totally unsuccessful in controlling inflation," he said.
He was referring to the farmers` rally addressed by the Congress president in Rajkot on October 3. Sonia while launching her party`s campaign for Gujarat polls, had tore into the performance of Narendra Modi government at the rally.
On Congress` charge that he was "spreading lies", Modi said, "BJP is not interested in spreading lies and development done by my government is evident in Gujarat".
Daring Congress to contest upcoming Assembly polls on the issue of development, the chief minister said, "If UPA wants to compete with BJP`s Gujarat Government, then it should be fought on development plank".
Launching a veiled attack on Sonia Gandhi`s son-in-law Robert Vadra, Modi said, "You hear in Delhi about the deals but I don`t do any deals as I neither have a son nor a son-in-law. Six crore Gujaratis are my family and I will develop Gujarat".
Modi had announced creation of Vinchiya taluka out of Jasdan for "better administration" during his month-long `Vivekananda Yuva Vikas Yatra` which ended last week.
Gujarat will go to polls on December 13 and 17 and counting of votes will take place on December 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes
- CBSE Results 2015: Girls outperform boys in Class 12 Board Exams