Narendra Modi shares dais with Bhagwat, Singhal at religious meet
Ahmedabad: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and VHP leader Ashok Singhal shared dais at a religious convention here in poll-bound Gujarat on Wednesday.
They attended a session on the second day of the three-day convention organised by Hindu Dharma Acharya Sabha (HDAS) at Swaminaryan Gurukul at Chharodi on the city`s outskirts.
Modi sharing dais with Bhagwat and Singhal assumes significance in the backdrop of reports about resentment against the Chief Minister in some sections of RSS and VHP in the state which goes to the polls next month.
The three leaders were briefly joined by Yoga Guru Ramdev, who is touring the state for his Yoga camps.
BJP`s Gujarat affairs in-charge Balbir Punj was also present at the convention attended by more than 100 religious leaders. The meet was not open to media.
"All three leaders were present at the convention. They talked about religion and no political matter was discussed," Swami Vishokanand Bharti, a Bikaner-based religious leader, said after coming out of the meet.
During his last visit to Gujarat a few months ago, Bhagwat had not met Modi. The BJP stalwart then travelled to Nagpur and met top RSS leaders, including Bhagwat, last month.
Former Chief Minister Keshubhai Patel, who has formed his own political party to overthrow Modi from power, has openly sought support of RSS and VHP in the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory