Narendra Modi shares dais with Bhagwat, Singhal at religious meet
Ahmedabad: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and VHP leader Ashok Singhal shared dais at a religious convention here in poll-bound Gujarat on Wednesday.
They attended a session on the second day of the three-day convention organised by Hindu Dharma Acharya Sabha (HDAS) at Swaminaryan Gurukul at Chharodi on the city`s outskirts.
Modi sharing dais with Bhagwat and Singhal assumes significance in the backdrop of reports about resentment against the Chief Minister in some sections of RSS and VHP in the state which goes to the polls next month.
The three leaders were briefly joined by Yoga Guru Ramdev, who is touring the state for his Yoga camps.
BJP`s Gujarat affairs in-charge Balbir Punj was also present at the convention attended by more than 100 religious leaders. The meet was not open to media.
"All three leaders were present at the convention. They talked about religion and no political matter was discussed," Swami Vishokanand Bharti, a Bikaner-based religious leader, said after coming out of the meet.
During his last visit to Gujarat a few months ago, Bhagwat had not met Modi. The BJP stalwart then travelled to Nagpur and met top RSS leaders, including Bhagwat, last month.
Former Chief Minister Keshubhai Patel, who has formed his own political party to overthrow Modi from power, has openly sought support of RSS and VHP in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi