Narendra Modi shares dais with Bhagwat, Singhal at religious meet
Ahmedabad: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and VHP leader Ashok Singhal shared dais at a religious convention here in poll-bound Gujarat on Wednesday.
They attended a session on the second day of the three-day convention organised by Hindu Dharma Acharya Sabha (HDAS) at Swaminaryan Gurukul at Chharodi on the city`s outskirts.
Modi sharing dais with Bhagwat and Singhal assumes significance in the backdrop of reports about resentment against the Chief Minister in some sections of RSS and VHP in the state which goes to the polls next month.
The three leaders were briefly joined by Yoga Guru Ramdev, who is touring the state for his Yoga camps.
BJP`s Gujarat affairs in-charge Balbir Punj was also present at the convention attended by more than 100 religious leaders. The meet was not open to media.
"All three leaders were present at the convention. They talked about religion and no political matter was discussed," Swami Vishokanand Bharti, a Bikaner-based religious leader, said after coming out of the meet.
During his last visit to Gujarat a few months ago, Bhagwat had not met Modi. The BJP stalwart then travelled to Nagpur and met top RSS leaders, including Bhagwat, last month.
Former Chief Minister Keshubhai Patel, who has formed his own political party to overthrow Modi from power, has openly sought support of RSS and VHP in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog