Narendra Modi shares dais with Bhagwat, Singhal at religious meet
Ahmedabad: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and VHP leader Ashok Singhal shared dais at a religious convention here in poll-bound Gujarat on Wednesday.
They attended a session on the second day of the three-day convention organised by Hindu Dharma Acharya Sabha (HDAS) at Swaminaryan Gurukul at Chharodi on the city`s outskirts.
Modi sharing dais with Bhagwat and Singhal assumes significance in the backdrop of reports about resentment against the Chief Minister in some sections of RSS and VHP in the state which goes to the polls next month.
The three leaders were briefly joined by Yoga Guru Ramdev, who is touring the state for his Yoga camps.
BJP`s Gujarat affairs in-charge Balbir Punj was also present at the convention attended by more than 100 religious leaders. The meet was not open to media.
"All three leaders were present at the convention. They talked about religion and no political matter was discussed," Swami Vishokanand Bharti, a Bikaner-based religious leader, said after coming out of the meet.
During his last visit to Gujarat a few months ago, Bhagwat had not met Modi. The BJP stalwart then travelled to Nagpur and met top RSS leaders, including Bhagwat, last month.
Former Chief Minister Keshubhai Patel, who has formed his own political party to overthrow Modi from power, has openly sought support of RSS and VHP in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers