Narendra Modi talking like a frustrated person: Ahmed Patel
Ahmedabad: Ahmed Patel, Congress leader from Gujarat and political secretary to the party president Sonia Gandhi, on Saturday said Chief Minister Narendra Modi was talking like a "dejected and frustrated" person.
Modi had yesterday said the Congress should declare Patel as the Chief Ministerial candidate.
"I was never a contender for the post of CM, and will never be. I have always remained away from power politics," a statement released by the Congress here quoted him as saying.
"Ahmed Patel dubbed the comment of the Chief Minister as one made by a dejected and a frustrated person," it added.
"Instead of meddling in the internal affairs of Congress, Gujarat CM should concentrate on the squabbles within his own party," Patel said.
As the Assembly elections were drawing near, those who had cheated and misguided people of the state were now feeling that sand was fast slipping from beneath their feet and that`s why they were making such baseless comments, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan