Narendra Modi talking like a frustrated person: Ahmed Patel
Ahmedabad: Ahmed Patel, Congress leader from Gujarat and political secretary to the party president Sonia Gandhi, on Saturday said Chief Minister Narendra Modi was talking like a "dejected and frustrated" person.
Modi had yesterday said the Congress should declare Patel as the Chief Ministerial candidate.
"I was never a contender for the post of CM, and will never be. I have always remained away from power politics," a statement released by the Congress here quoted him as saying.
"Ahmed Patel dubbed the comment of the Chief Minister as one made by a dejected and a frustrated person," it added.
"Instead of meddling in the internal affairs of Congress, Gujarat CM should concentrate on the squabbles within his own party," Patel said.
As the Assembly elections were drawing near, those who had cheated and misguided people of the state were now feeling that sand was fast slipping from beneath their feet and that`s why they were making such baseless comments, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Britain exits European Union, first country to leave 28-nation bloc
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- ''Scotland should hold second independence referendum''
- Maoists blow up building, torch vehicles in Jharkhand
- UK PM Cameron says will step down by October after Brexit vote
- Sonowal asks BDOs to prepare list of poor persons
- Underworld don Dawood Ibrahim's youngest brother Humayun Kaskar dies in Karachi