Narendra Modi to address farmers in Rajkot on Monday
Rajkot: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will address a farmer`s rally as part of his ambitious project which seeks to increase irrigation in arid Saurashtra region.
This will be the maiden rally of Modi in the city since he was declared the prime ministerial nominee of BJP.
The Rs 10,000 crore Saurashtra Narmada Avataran Irrigation (SAUNI) Yojana envisages channelling of Narmada water into nearly 115 dams and reservoirs of parched Saurashtra region.
A large number of farmers from various parts of the region are expected to converge at the public meeting to be held at the Race Course ground, sources said.
Besides Modi, his Cabinet colleague Babubhai Bokhiriya and ministers like Nanubhai Vanani, Govindbhai Patel and Vasuben Trivedi are expected to attend the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG