Narendra Modi to address farmers in Rajkot on Monday
Rajkot: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will address a farmer`s rally as part of his ambitious project which seeks to increase irrigation in arid Saurashtra region.
This will be the maiden rally of Modi in the city since he was declared the prime ministerial nominee of BJP.
The Rs 10,000 crore Saurashtra Narmada Avataran Irrigation (SAUNI) Yojana envisages channelling of Narmada water into nearly 115 dams and reservoirs of parched Saurashtra region.
A large number of farmers from various parts of the region are expected to converge at the public meeting to be held at the Race Course ground, sources said.
Besides Modi, his Cabinet colleague Babubhai Bokhiriya and ministers like Nanubhai Vanani, Govindbhai Patel and Vasuben Trivedi are expected to attend the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Pakistan regrets US lack of appreciation for its anti-terror role
- Uttarakhand forest fires show signs of abating
- Smoking inside home makes kids ill
- Turkey says prevented 85 security incidents since January
- Nagaland Board of School Education (HSLC) Class 10 Results 2016 to be declared today; check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in