Narendra Modi to address farmers in Rajkot on Monday
Rajkot: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will address a farmer`s rally as part of his ambitious project which seeks to increase irrigation in arid Saurashtra region.
This will be the maiden rally of Modi in the city since he was declared the prime ministerial nominee of BJP.
The Rs 10,000 crore Saurashtra Narmada Avataran Irrigation (SAUNI) Yojana envisages channelling of Narmada water into nearly 115 dams and reservoirs of parched Saurashtra region.
A large number of farmers from various parts of the region are expected to converge at the public meeting to be held at the Race Course ground, sources said.
Besides Modi, his Cabinet colleague Babubhai Bokhiriya and ministers like Nanubhai Vanani, Govindbhai Patel and Vasuben Trivedi are expected to attend the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today