Narendra Modi to visit Maninagar today
Ahmedabad: A day after Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi scored a massive win with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) winning 115 seats out of the total 182, the 62-year-old politician is expected to visit his constituency Maninagar, reports said on Friday.
Modi himself won by a massive margin of 86,373 votes from Maninagar, humbling Congress` Shweta Bhatt, wife of suspended IPS officer Sanjeev Bhatt, who has accused the Chief Minister of complicity in 2002 communal riots and is fighting a legal battle against him.
As per the Gujarat Election Results 2012, the BJP has won 115 seats, while the Congress finished with 61 seats.
Chief Minister Narendra Modi yesterday had said that it was the victory of 6 crore voters of his state.
“The outcome of assembly polls has proved that the voters clearly know what is good and bad for them. The poll results of Gujarat once again proves the maturity of its electorate,” Modi said while addressing a vast gathering of his supporters.
Thanking the voters of his state for giving him the third term in a row, Modi said, “The voters of Gujarat have risen above petty politics and voted for BJP keeping their future in mind.”
Modi`s victory has not only brought back him to power in Gujarat for the third time in a row, but also strengthened his chances of becoming the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate for 2014 General Elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says