Narendra Modi turns 62; to spend his day campaigning
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, who turns 62 on Monday, will keep himself busy campaigning for upcoming polls in the state, BJP sources said.
Modi will be visiting Rajkot for Vivekananda Youth Convention, where he will be addressing more than 14,000 youths in the morning, they said.
Modi will start his Vivekananda Yuva Vikas Yatra from Ambaji in the afternoon, where BJP president Nitin Gadkari will also be present.
On his last birthday, Modi had launched his Sadbhavna Mission fasts, after the Supreme Court-appointed SIT gave him a clean chit in the 2002 post-Godhra Gulbarg Society massacre case.
The Gujarat Assembly polls are due to be held by year-end and Modi is seeking his fourth term in a row.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire