Narendra Modi turns 62; to spend his day campaigning
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, who turns 62 on Monday, will keep himself busy campaigning for upcoming polls in the state, BJP sources said.
Modi will be visiting Rajkot for Vivekananda Youth Convention, where he will be addressing more than 14,000 youths in the morning, they said.
Modi will start his Vivekananda Yuva Vikas Yatra from Ambaji in the afternoon, where BJP president Nitin Gadkari will also be present.
On his last birthday, Modi had launched his Sadbhavna Mission fasts, after the Supreme Court-appointed SIT gave him a clean chit in the 2002 post-Godhra Gulbarg Society massacre case.
The Gujarat Assembly polls are due to be held by year-end and Modi is seeking his fourth term in a row.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?