Narendra Modi, Vaghela spar in Mansa town
Ahmedabad: Chief Minister Narendra Modi and
his arch rival in Gujarat politics Shankarsinh Vaghela on Thursday
almost came face to face in Mansa town.
Modi was today on a one-day Sadbhavna fast at Mansa in
Gandhinagar district, where Vaghela launched a leg of
Congress`s Sardar Sandesh Yatra.
The state assembly elections, scheduled for December this
year, are being touted as a fight between the two former RSS
colleagues-turned arch-enemies. Congress has appointed Vaghela
as campaign committee chairman.
Both Vaghela and Modi started their careers in BJP, but
turned against each other after BJP came to power in Gujarat.
Vaghela quit BJP and formed his own outfit, Rashtriya Janta
Party. Later he joined Congress.
"BJP`s misrule in Gujarat has badly affected the
marginalized section of the society. It has also insulted
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, while claiming that they are his
followers," Vaghela said before starting Mansa leg of Sardar
While Modi, in his speech after the fast, attacked
Congress over the issue of minority reservations in the OBC
quota. "Centre`s move to deduct OBC quota is a bid to divide
society on the basis of religion and caste", Modi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM