Narendra Modi welcomes announcement of Gujarat poll schedule
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday welcomed the announcement of state assembly poll dates by the Election Commission.
"Elections are the biggest festival of democracy. We will take part with true festive spirit. I welcome the announcement of the poll dates," Modi wrote on twitter, welcoming the declaration.
The Assembly polls in Gujarat are to be held in two phases on December 13 and 17, the EC announced. The counting of votes for Gujarat shall take place on December 20.
Modi has been running a very aggressive campaign in the run-up to the election.
Currently, he is on Swami Vivekanand Yuva Vikas Yatra, under which, the entire state will be covered by October 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official