Narendra Modi welcomes announcement of Gujarat poll schedule
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday welcomed the announcement of state assembly poll dates by the Election Commission.
"Elections are the biggest festival of democracy. We will take part with true festive spirit. I welcome the announcement of the poll dates," Modi wrote on twitter, welcoming the declaration.
The Assembly polls in Gujarat are to be held in two phases on December 13 and 17, the EC announced. The counting of votes for Gujarat shall take place on December 20.
Modi has been running a very aggressive campaign in the run-up to the election.
Currently, he is on Swami Vivekanand Yuva Vikas Yatra, under which, the entire state will be covered by October 10.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vedanta sweetens Cairn merger deal, offers 3 additional preference shares
- Nanolayered composites can open new avenues in materials science: Researchers
- WORLD RECORD: Can Ravichandran Ashwin become the fastest bowler to claim 200 test wickets?
- ‘Abnormal’ foetus abortion case: SC asks for medical exam of alleged rape survivor
- Know what causes balding in men!