Narendra Modi`s birthday today; Congress to hold sit-in protest
Zee Media Bureau
Ahmedabad: On the occasion of 64th birthday of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, the state Congress party will on Tuesday stage a two-hour sit-in protest to remind the newly-elected BJP prime ministerial candidate of the tall promises made by him which are yet to be fulfilled.
The protest is to be held near the statue of Mahatma Gandhi at Income Tax Circle here.
"Modi had promised a Rs 15,000 crore `Van Bandhu` package for tribals, Rs 11,000 crore `Sagar Khedu` package for fishermen and Rs 50,000 crore for development of various districts during his sadbhavna fasts in 2011," state Congress chief Arjun Modhvadia had said on Monday, alleging that the above schemes were not achieving their goals.
"Sadbhavna should come from the heart, not just in words," Modhvadia had added.
"If he (Modi) had followed the Raj Dharma as advised by the then prime minister AB Vajpayee in 2002, there would have been no need to carry out such political gimmicks," he said.
(With PTI inputs)
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane