Narendra Modi`s birthday today; Congress to hold sit-in protest
Zee Media Bureau
Ahmedabad: On the occasion of 64th birthday of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, the state Congress party will on Tuesday stage a two-hour sit-in protest to remind the newly-elected BJP prime ministerial candidate of the tall promises made by him which are yet to be fulfilled.
The protest is to be held near the statue of Mahatma Gandhi at Income Tax Circle here.
"Modi had promised a Rs 15,000 crore `Van Bandhu` package for tribals, Rs 11,000 crore `Sagar Khedu` package for fishermen and Rs 50,000 crore for development of various districts during his sadbhavna fasts in 2011," state Congress chief Arjun Modhvadia had said on Monday, alleging that the above schemes were not achieving their goals.
"Sadbhavna should come from the heart, not just in words," Modhvadia had added.
"If he (Modi) had followed the Raj Dharma as advised by the then prime minister AB Vajpayee in 2002, there would have been no need to carry out such political gimmicks," he said.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman