Narendra Modi`s Vivekananda Yuva Vikas Yatra ends
Pavagadh: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi ended his month-long Swami Vivekananda Yuva Vikas Yatra here on Thursday by once again targeting the UPA-II Government and the ruling Congress Party at the Centre.
In a full-throated speech, Modi accused both of perpetrating policies of bias against Gujarat, adding that if development projects in his state were being delayed, it was due to the latter.
He also welcomed the British Government`s decision to send its envoy to his state for discussions on prospects for British investment and participation, saying that it was taking place after a decade.
He said that it was irony that while Britain is ready to engage with Gujarat again after ten years, the Government of India continues to avoid and takes a backseat each time a policy decision related to Gujarat is under consideration for approval.
According to reports, Modi`s yatra targeted areas where his bete noire Keshubhai Patel is expected to play spoilsport in the two-phased December Assembly Elections.
Modi`s yatra gave a miss to the mehar and kharwa-dominated Porbandar district, only touching Koli and Kshatriya-dominated Surendranagar district. This was the biggest indication that while he launched a scathing attack on central Congress leaders during his yatra, Keshubhai was not out of his mind.
Modi`s Saurashtra leg started from Limdbi in Surendranagar district and covered Amreli and Bhavnagar, besides addressing a rally at Dhoraji in Rajkot district on September 24. Dhoraji is known to be the stronghold of Congress heavyweight Vithal Radadia. He also covered Botad, Gadhda, Dhasa, Lathi, Liliya and Amreli - where Leuva Patels can swing results.
In his second leg of Saurashtra tour, which started from Dhandhuka and ended in Junagadh, Narendra Modi covered Palitana, Savarkundla, Menderda, Keshod, Visavadar and Junagadh, where the Leuva Patel community can play a decisive role.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack