Naroda Patiya convict Babu Bajarangi involved in altercation
Ahmedabad: Babu Bajarngi, who was convicted for life in the Naroda Patiya massacre case of 2002 post-Godhra riots, had an altercation with other inmates on Tuesday which resulted in beefing up of security in Sabarmati Central Jail here.
"Today, during the routine visit at a blood bank inside jail premises, Babu Bajarangi and some of the accused in the 2008 Ahmedabad serial bomb blast case had an altercation with each other," Jail Superintendent V M Parghi said.
Parghi also said that following this incident security has been beefed up around Bajarangi and other Naroda Patiya case convicts.
Last month, on August 31, a special court had awarded enhanced life imprisonment to Babu Bajrangi.
BJP MLA Maya Kodnani, a former minister in Narendra Modi government, is also serving 28 years imprisonment in the same jail, as she too was convicted in the Naroda Patiya massacre, the worst of 2002 post-Godhra riots, in which 97 people were killed.
Recently, two suspended IPS officers and co-accused in the Sohrabuddin Shaikh encounter case of 2006, Rajkumar Pandian and D G Vanzara were also involved in a physical altercation.
N K Amin, another accused cop in the Shaikh encounter case, had preferred to be shifted to the Vadodara Central Jail following the threat from Vanzara and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured