Naroda Patiya convict Babu Bajarangi involved in altercation
Ahmedabad: Babu Bajarngi, who was convicted for life in the Naroda Patiya massacre case of 2002 post-Godhra riots, had an altercation with other inmates on Tuesday which resulted in beefing up of security in Sabarmati Central Jail here.
"Today, during the routine visit at a blood bank inside jail premises, Babu Bajarangi and some of the accused in the 2008 Ahmedabad serial bomb blast case had an altercation with each other," Jail Superintendent V M Parghi said.
Parghi also said that following this incident security has been beefed up around Bajarangi and other Naroda Patiya case convicts.
Last month, on August 31, a special court had awarded enhanced life imprisonment to Babu Bajrangi.
BJP MLA Maya Kodnani, a former minister in Narendra Modi government, is also serving 28 years imprisonment in the same jail, as she too was convicted in the Naroda Patiya massacre, the worst of 2002 post-Godhra riots, in which 97 people were killed.
Recently, two suspended IPS officers and co-accused in the Sohrabuddin Shaikh encounter case of 2006, Rajkumar Pandian and D G Vanzara were also involved in a physical altercation.
N K Amin, another accused cop in the Shaikh encounter case, had preferred to be shifted to the Vadodara Central Jail following the threat from Vanzara and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble