Navratri festival strengthened sadbhavana: Modi
Vadodara (Gujarat): It is the spirit of Gujarat
that despite intelligence alert on terrorists, thousands
participated in the `Navratri` festival and it was culminated
peacefully, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday said.
"The festival has strengthened peace and harmony in
society," Modi said.
"It is the spirit of Gujarat that despite intelligence
alert on terrorists likely sneaking in the state, thousands
participated in the festival," Modi told PTI over phone.
The festival has created an atmosphere of `sadbhavana` in
Gujarat and in the country where Navratri was celebrated, he
The colourful festival was celebrated across the country
along with Gujarat and is perceived as an ode to the goddess
in her various manifestations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened