Navratri festival strengthened sadbhavana: Modi
Vadodara (Gujarat): It is the spirit of Gujarat
that despite intelligence alert on terrorists, thousands
participated in the `Navratri` festival and it was culminated
peacefully, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday said.
"The festival has strengthened peace and harmony in
society," Modi said.
"It is the spirit of Gujarat that despite intelligence
alert on terrorists likely sneaking in the state, thousands
participated in the festival," Modi told PTI over phone.
The festival has created an atmosphere of `sadbhavana` in
Gujarat and in the country where Navratri was celebrated, he
The colourful festival was celebrated across the country
along with Gujarat and is perceived as an ode to the goddess
in her various manifestations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA