Naxal leader from Bihar arrested in Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad: Suhag Paswan (23), an alleged Naxal hailing from Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district, who the police said wanted to set up the organisation`s base in Gujarat, was arrested here on friday.
Crime Branch officials said that Paswan, `zonal committee commander` in Motihari district of Bihar, was involved in more than 20 cases of serious offences such as dacoity, murders, extortion, landmine blasts, etc.
Paswan`s arrest follows the recent arrest of fellow Naxal Rajesh Pawan in Gujarat`s Navsari district.
Crime Branch Assistant Commissioner of Police Nirlipt Rai said Paswan had travelled extensively through Patan, Kutch, Vadodara and Ahmedabad, to set up operations in the state.
He was working as a labour contractor at Radhanpur in Patan district, and had been in Gujarat for the last four months.
Acting on a tip-off that Paswan was travelling to Vadodara in a State Transport bus, Sub-Inspectors D S Gohil, S L Chaudhri and their team nabbed him at bus stand at Geeta Mandir here.
Seventy cadres were under Paswan`s training in Motihari district, according to the police.
During the interrogation he revealed the name of his associate Rajan, police said, adding that Paswan also headed the arms unit of Naxals.
ACP Rai said that Paswan told the interrogators that the oppressive `Zamindari` system in Bihar prompted him join the ultras.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog