Naxal leader from Bihar arrested in Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad: Suhag Paswan (23), an alleged Naxal hailing from Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district, who the police said wanted to set up the organisation`s base in Gujarat, was arrested here on friday.
Crime Branch officials said that Paswan, `zonal committee commander` in Motihari district of Bihar, was involved in more than 20 cases of serious offences such as dacoity, murders, extortion, landmine blasts, etc.
Paswan`s arrest follows the recent arrest of fellow Naxal Rajesh Pawan in Gujarat`s Navsari district.
Crime Branch Assistant Commissioner of Police Nirlipt Rai said Paswan had travelled extensively through Patan, Kutch, Vadodara and Ahmedabad, to set up operations in the state.
He was working as a labour contractor at Radhanpur in Patan district, and had been in Gujarat for the last four months.
Acting on a tip-off that Paswan was travelling to Vadodara in a State Transport bus, Sub-Inspectors D S Gohil, S L Chaudhri and their team nabbed him at bus stand at Geeta Mandir here.
Seventy cadres were under Paswan`s training in Motihari district, according to the police.
During the interrogation he revealed the name of his associate Rajan, police said, adding that Paswan also headed the arms unit of Naxals.
ACP Rai said that Paswan told the interrogators that the oppressive `Zamindari` system in Bihar prompted him join the ultras.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city