NCC to raise naval wing units in Gujarat
New Delhi: With Prime Minister Narendra Modi stressing on using NCC cadets for bolstering coastal security, the Defence Ministry is planning to raise 10 more naval units of the voluntary youth organisation in his home state Gujarat.
As part of plans to raise the strength of National Cadet Corps from 13 lakhs to 15 lakhs, the force is planning to raise around 10 more units in Gujarat, an NCC official said.
He said after the stress laid by the Prime Minister on using NCC cadets for strengthening coastal security apparatus, some of the units which were planned to be affiliated to the Army would now be converted to the Naval wing.
The Prime Minister himself was an NCC cadet during school days and his picture in NCC uniform is widely circulated on the internet.
During his recent visit to the aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya on June 14, the Prime Minister had stated that setting up a Naval NCC network across the country could prepare a dedicated force of soldiers which could help the Navy emerge as a big force in the coming times.
The NCC is also spreading its wings in insurgency and terrorism affected areas and focus is on inducting more youth from such areas to spread the message of national integration among them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested