NCP to have alliance with Congress for Gujarat pol
Vadodara: NCP chief and Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar on Wednesday said here that his party will contest the coming Gujarat Assembly elections in alliance with Congress.
"Our party will have a seat-sharing arrangement with the Congress...As we want to prevent division of votes which could benefit the (ruling) BJP," Pawar said.
The NCP is having its fifth national convention in the city.
"Under the seat-sharing agreement in 2007 Assembly polls, NCP was allotted eight seats, and three of our eight candidates were elected," Pawar noted.
"Now we want more seats following the improvement in our party`s position which has presence in 22 out of 26 district panchayats in Gujarat," Pawar said.
"There are several seats which NCP candidates lost by narrow margin last time, and we want to put up candidates there."
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Will NEET be conducted this year for medical courses? Supreme Court to pronounce order at 3.30 pm
- LG Electronics posts 415% increase in Q1 profit
- Apple to open its stores in India as govt panel waves 30% local sourcing condition
- Film with Alia Bhatt not typical hero-heroine one: Shah Rukh Khan
- IPL 9: Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders – Probably playing XIs; players to watch out for