NCP to have alliance with Congress for Gujarat pol
Vadodara: NCP chief and Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar on Wednesday said here that his party will contest the coming Gujarat Assembly elections in alliance with Congress.
"Our party will have a seat-sharing arrangement with the Congress...As we want to prevent division of votes which could benefit the (ruling) BJP," Pawar said.
The NCP is having its fifth national convention in the city.
"Under the seat-sharing agreement in 2007 Assembly polls, NCP was allotted eight seats, and three of our eight candidates were elected," Pawar noted.
"Now we want more seats following the improvement in our party`s position which has presence in 22 out of 26 district panchayats in Gujarat," Pawar said.
"There are several seats which NCP candidates lost by narrow margin last time, and we want to put up candidates there."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog