NCP to have alliance with Congress for Gujarat pol
Vadodara: NCP chief and Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar on Wednesday said here that his party will contest the coming Gujarat Assembly elections in alliance with Congress.
"Our party will have a seat-sharing arrangement with the Congress...As we want to prevent division of votes which could benefit the (ruling) BJP," Pawar said.
The NCP is having its fifth national convention in the city.
"Under the seat-sharing agreement in 2007 Assembly polls, NCP was allotted eight seats, and three of our eight candidates were elected," Pawar noted.
"Now we want more seats following the improvement in our party`s position which has presence in 22 out of 26 district panchayats in Gujarat," Pawar said.
"There are several seats which NCP candidates lost by narrow margin last time, and we want to put up candidates there."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?