Need to remove misconceptions among Muslims about Modi: BJP
New Delhi: There is a need to remove misconception among Muslims about the BJP, party`s Minority Morcha president Abdul Rashid Ansari on Friday said while claiming that the community in Gujarat has witnessed a "change of heart" regarding Narendra Modi.
"Muslims of Guajrat must have been part of the state`s development, that is why their heart changed. We are hopeful that there would be a change of heart among the Muslims of the country regarding him.
"His development and social security model is an important issue on which everybody is coming together," Ansari said.
He said all the BJP worker should put in efforts at grass-root level to narrow the gap which exists between BJP and the Muslim community.
"Misconceptions have been spread in the community regarding the ideology and working style of the party, we need to remove these misconceptions. I am happy that distance between BJP and Muslim community have narrowed in the last couple of years," he added.
Referring to the rising clamour in the party to declare Modi as its prime ministerial candidate, Ansari said, "Modi has proved himself as a popular leader through development. I believe that whoever the party choses as the prime ministerial candidate, he would be able to lead the country."
Answering a question on how will Muslims be brought closer to the party in the next General Elections, Ansari said, "We are working on our level. Muslims have understood Congress and other parties. Things have changed and so does people`s thinking. The misconceptions which were spread about our ideology, we would try to clear them."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you