NHRC asks Gujarat to submit ATR in building collapse case
Vadodara: NHRC has directed the Gujarat government to submit an action taken report (ATR) within four weeks on the collapse of two towers in Madhavnagar on August 28 last year which killed 11 people and injured one person.
"The development occurred after a complaint by the city unit of the Congress party," Congress city unit chief Narendra Rawat told reporters here on Tuesday.
In a complaint to the NHRC, the Congress local unit highlighted several issues of victims and residents of the two ill-fated two buildings and submitted a memorandum to the NHRC, Rawat said.
Issues highlighted in the memorandum to the NHRC included affected families not being?compensation, lack of rehabilitation and affected people still staying in pandals, Rawat said.
It also highlighted how hundreds of residents of these ill-fated buildings lost their jobs, their children not going to school, the failure of the administration in taking care of the victims` dependents and the Gujarat government failing to publish the report of an inquiry committee it had set up, he said.
"Those guilty for it have not been punished," Rawat said, alleging that has been an undue haste to misguide communities and demolish other buildings in the area to remove evidence of corruption and save the culprits.
The NHRC has formally accepted complaint case number 1467/6/25/2013 and transmitted a copy of it to concerned authorities, calling for an action taken report within four weeks, Rawat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal