NHRC open hearing in Ahmedabad on atrocities against SCs
New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) will hold a two-day `open hearing` in Ahmedabad from next Monday on issues relating to alleged atrocities against Scheduled Castes in Gujarat and the problems faced by them in seeking justice.
The delegation will be led by NHRC Chairperson Justice KG Balakrishnan. NHRC Member Justice BC Patel, AK Garg, Registrar (Law) and senior officers of the Commission will be part of the delegation.
The Commission after hearing the affected people will also meet the representatives of NGOs and later on hold discussions with the Chief Secretary, DGP and senior civil, police and jail officials on these issues along with other major outstanding cases pertaining to the State of Gujarat.
The Commission has decided to hold such open hearings to reach out to the Dalits and hear their complaints about violations of their rights by the public authorities as part of the recommendations given by KB Saxena IAS (retd) in his report to NHRC on the continuing problems faced by the Shecduled Castes.
The Commission had organized an `open hearing` at Puri in Odisha in April this year during which more than 200 complaints were received.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune