Nine killed in road accident in Gujarat
Banaskantha: Nine people were killed and ten were injured when a speeding tanker rammed into a jeep on the Deesa-Dhanera highway near Tetoda village of Banskantha district here early on Saturday, police said.
The speeding tanker ran into the jeep that was coming from the opposite direction. The incident took place in the morning when the victims were returning in the jeep to Tetoda village after attending a wedding ceremony in Rajasthan.
The officer said the accident took place as the driver of the tanker lost control of the vehicle. All the victims were farm labourers from Rajasthan working in Deesa taluka of Banaskantha.
The deceased were identified as Ramesh Koli and Kana Koli from nearby Pesral village of Banaskantha district. The other seven deceased--Umed Shrimali, Okha Shrimali, Bhopa Shrimali, Debuben Shrimali, Satiben Shrimali, Parmeswari Shrimali and Muliben Shrimali-- belonged to Tetoda village in the district.
Ten injured persons were rushed to Deesa hospital, the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it