Nine killed in road accident in Gujarat
Banaskantha: Nine people were killed and ten were injured when a speeding tanker rammed into a jeep on the Deesa-Dhanera highway near Tetoda village of Banskantha district here early on Saturday, police said.
The speeding tanker ran into the jeep that was coming from the opposite direction. The incident took place in the morning when the victims were returning in the jeep to Tetoda village after attending a wedding ceremony in Rajasthan.
The officer said the accident took place as the driver of the tanker lost control of the vehicle. All the victims were farm labourers from Rajasthan working in Deesa taluka of Banaskantha.
The deceased were identified as Ramesh Koli and Kana Koli from nearby Pesral village of Banaskantha district. The other seven deceased--Umed Shrimali, Okha Shrimali, Bhopa Shrimali, Debuben Shrimali, Satiben Shrimali, Parmeswari Shrimali and Muliben Shrimali-- belonged to Tetoda village in the district.
Ten injured persons were rushed to Deesa hospital, the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users