‘Nitish attack on Modi to boost his prospect in Guj polls’
Patna: LJP president Ramvilas Paswan on Wednesday dubbed as a `political stunt` Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s call for a secular person to be projected as the NDA`s prime ministerial candidate.
"It is nothing more than a political stunt. It appears that Kumar made the remarks to deflect the attention of the people from local problems and misrule of the state government, and to polarize the minority votes in Gujarat so that the Hindu votes go to Modi in bulk in the assembly polls in Gujarat later this year", Paswan told reporters here.
Questioning Kumar`s secular credentials, he said, Nitish did not oppose L K Advani`s candidature as the NDA`s prime ministerial candidate in the 2009 general elections though the BJP leader was an accused in the Babri Mosque demolition case.
The JD(U) leader also did not resign from the NDA government to protest the 2002 Gujarat riots nor did he (as railway minister) order a probe in the Sabarmati train massacre at Godhra, Paswan said.
The chief minister also allegedly tried to cover up the Forbesganj police firing incident in which four members of the minority community were killed last year, he said.
The LJP leader asked Kumar to explain why he formed government with the BJP when it`s Hindutva agenda was crystal clear and said that Animal Husbandry and Fisheries Minister Giriraj Singh has rightly described the chief minister as a `pseudo secular` leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi