‘Nitish attack on Modi to boost his prospect in Guj polls’
Patna: LJP president Ramvilas Paswan on Wednesday dubbed as a `political stunt` Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s call for a secular person to be projected as the NDA`s prime ministerial candidate.
"It is nothing more than a political stunt. It appears that Kumar made the remarks to deflect the attention of the people from local problems and misrule of the state government, and to polarize the minority votes in Gujarat so that the Hindu votes go to Modi in bulk in the assembly polls in Gujarat later this year", Paswan told reporters here.
Questioning Kumar`s secular credentials, he said, Nitish did not oppose L K Advani`s candidature as the NDA`s prime ministerial candidate in the 2009 general elections though the BJP leader was an accused in the Babri Mosque demolition case.
The JD(U) leader also did not resign from the NDA government to protest the 2002 Gujarat riots nor did he (as railway minister) order a probe in the Sabarmati train massacre at Godhra, Paswan said.
The chief minister also allegedly tried to cover up the Forbesganj police firing incident in which four members of the minority community were killed last year, he said.
The LJP leader asked Kumar to explain why he formed government with the BJP when it`s Hindutva agenda was crystal clear and said that Animal Husbandry and Fisheries Minister Giriraj Singh has rightly described the chief minister as a `pseudo secular` leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued