Nitish may campaign in Gujarat
New Delhi: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar may campaign in Gujarat for the Lok Sabha elections, a JD-U leader said Tuesday, in what may increase the possibility of a face-off with his bete noire Narendra Modi.
Janata Dal-United spokesperson K.C. Tyagi told IANS that the possibility of Nitish Kumar campaigning in Gujarat was being discussed within the party.
"The plan will be finalised in a day or two. At the moment, I can neither confirm nor deny whether it will work out," he said.
Tyagi, however, said party chief Sharad Yadav will campaign in Gujarat, and the JD-U was likely to contest 10 of the 26 Lok Sabha seats in the state.
JD-U sources said Nitish Kumar had planned to campaign in Gujarat during the 2012 assembly elections but pulled out at the last minute.
With the JD-U having severed ties with the National Democratic Alliance over Modi`s elevation in the Bharatiya Janata Party, Nitish Kumar does not have any constraint of coalition niceties, the sources said.
Modi, who is the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, and Nitish Kumar have taken repeated digs at each other ever since the JD-U came out of NDA.
Modi is contesting the Lok Sabha polls from Vadodara in Gujarat and Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj