Nitish may campaign in Gujarat
New Delhi: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar may campaign in Gujarat for the Lok Sabha elections, a JD-U leader said Tuesday, in what may increase the possibility of a face-off with his bete noire Narendra Modi.
Janata Dal-United spokesperson K.C. Tyagi told IANS that the possibility of Nitish Kumar campaigning in Gujarat was being discussed within the party.
"The plan will be finalised in a day or two. At the moment, I can neither confirm nor deny whether it will work out," he said.
Tyagi, however, said party chief Sharad Yadav will campaign in Gujarat, and the JD-U was likely to contest 10 of the 26 Lok Sabha seats in the state.
JD-U sources said Nitish Kumar had planned to campaign in Gujarat during the 2012 assembly elections but pulled out at the last minute.
With the JD-U having severed ties with the National Democratic Alliance over Modi`s elevation in the Bharatiya Janata Party, Nitish Kumar does not have any constraint of coalition niceties, the sources said.
Modi, who is the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, and Nitish Kumar have taken repeated digs at each other ever since the JD-U came out of NDA.
Modi is contesting the Lok Sabha polls from Vadodara in Gujarat and Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray