Nitish, Modi are two sides of same coin: Paswan
Patna: LJP chief Ramvilas Paswan on Wednesday alleged Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and his Gujarat counterpart Narendra Modi of playing "divisive politics" and said that the leaders were "two sides of the same coin."
"Both Modi and Kumar are two sides of the same coin," he told reporters.
"The Gujarat Chief Minister was playing out sectarian politics to divide the people on religious lines, while Kumar has taken to caste politics to divide the people of Bihar," Paswan alleged.
Kumar had "carved out the mahadalit section as a distinct entity to divide the dalit people for vote bank," he accused.
Paswan said that he was not amused by Modi`s reported remarks that casteist leaders have pushed Bihar to economic backwardness and there was a lack of broad political vision.
He alleged that Modi was guilty of dividing Gujarat on communal lines.
Paswan also questioned the manner in which Bihar government had tackled the problems of alleged "lawlessness," "corruption," and death of hundreds of children due to outbreak of Acute Encephalitis Syndrome (AES) in Gaya and Muzaffarpur districts.
While accusing Kumar of ignoring the problems plaguing the state`s electorate, he cautioned him against the same fate that many previous chief ministers had faced if he failed to take timely steps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened