Nitish would decide whether to campaign in Gujarat: JD(U)
Vadodara: Janata Dal (U) had not yet decided on Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s visit to Gujarat for campaigning for the Assembly polls, the party said here on Friday.
JD(U) general secretaries Chandraraj Singhvi and Javed Raza said here that "national leaders" of the party including its president Sharad Yadav would visit Gujarat, but as to Nitish Kumar, there was no decision yet.
Kumar himself would decide whether to campaign in Gujarat, they said.
Kumar had campaigned in Gujarat at the time of 2007 polls.
When asked whether the party`s decision to contest elections here would affect its ties with BJP, they said that JD(U) had contested polls in Gujarat in 2007 too.
This time, the party hoped to win 8-10 seats, Sanghvi said.
He refused to answer when asked if it would support BJP in the House if the saffron party did not get majority, but later said: "BJP is the larger party in the NDA. We will go for alliance with BJP wherever it wants us, barring in Gujarat... We never fought any election in alliance with BJP in Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India