Nitish would decide whether to campaign in Gujarat: JD(U)
Vadodara: Janata Dal (U) had not yet decided on Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s visit to Gujarat for campaigning for the Assembly polls, the party said here on Friday.
JD(U) general secretaries Chandraraj Singhvi and Javed Raza said here that "national leaders" of the party including its president Sharad Yadav would visit Gujarat, but as to Nitish Kumar, there was no decision yet.
Kumar himself would decide whether to campaign in Gujarat, they said.
Kumar had campaigned in Gujarat at the time of 2007 polls.
When asked whether the party`s decision to contest elections here would affect its ties with BJP, they said that JD(U) had contested polls in Gujarat in 2007 too.
This time, the party hoped to win 8-10 seats, Sanghvi said.
He refused to answer when asked if it would support BJP in the House if the saffron party did not get majority, but later said: "BJP is the larger party in the NDA. We will go for alliance with BJP wherever it wants us, barring in Gujarat... We never fought any election in alliance with BJP in Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city