No change in Karnataka leadership: Gowda
New Delhi: Amidst the crisis in Karnataka`s Bharatiya Janata Party unit, Chief Minister DV Sadananda Gowda Thursday said the party high command had ruled out any change in the leadership in the state.
"I am specifically telling that central leaders have told me that there is no change of leadership at present... no change in any other positions," Gowda told reporters here after meeting party president Nitin Gadkari and other leaders.
Former chief minister B.S. Yeddyurappa and his supporters have been pressurising party`s central leadership for reinstating him as the chief minister.
Yeddyurappa also met the central leadership here this morning, but said that he has left the final decision to them.
"I have left it to the high command, will obey their orders. I don`t have anything in my mind," he told reporters.
Gowda however said he was not aware of Yeddyurappa`s meeting with Gadkari or other leaders.
"I don`t know if Yeddyurappa has come, or had discussion, because he was not there when we discussed the matters," he said.
Gowda also said that his discussions with the central leaders included the election result in Udupi-Chikmagalur Lok Sabha seat, which was won by the Congress, and the political situation in the state.
Yeddyurappa was forced to quit July 31 last year after then Lokayukta (ombudsman) found that his family members had received around Rs.30 crore from two mining companies in return for favours. However he campaigned for Gowda to be made his successor and succeeded with Gowda being sworn in Aug 4.
However, Yeddyurappa turned against Gowda soon after and has been insisting on being reinstated.
His demand intensified following the March 7 high court ruling quashing the Lokayukta findings and registration of case against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head