No-confidence motion passed against GCMMF chairman
Anand (Gujarat): A no-confidence motion, seeking the ouster of Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation chairman Vipul Chaudhary for alleged mismanagement in affairs of the federation, was today passed in a meeting of board of directors.
The resolution to oust Chaudhary, however, cannot be implemented till the Gujarat High Court gives its nod.
A division bench of the High Court had yesterday vacated the stay on a meeting called by directors of the federation- GCMMF to discuss a no-confidence motion against Chaudhary.
However, the court said that the decision taken in the meeting cannot be implemented without its permission.
The developments in India`s largest food product marketing organisation, which markets its products under brand name Amul, has raised a question mark on its management.
In October, 14 out of 17 member unions of the GCMMF board had moved no-confidence motion against Chaudhary, who was elected as its chairman in August 2012. Chaudhary had approached the High Court against the no-confidence motion.
The board meeting was called today after a stay given by single judge bench was yesterday vacated by division bench.
During the board meeting held today, no-confidence motion against Chaudhary was passed by 15 votes, after he and Anand Dairy Union president Ramsingh Parmar, one of his supporters, walked out after 10 minutes of the meeting.
Ten minutes after the board meeting began, both Chaudhary and Ramsingh Parmar walked out of it alleging that they had not received the agenda of the meeting.
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord
- After a half-century wait, first US cruise ship leaves Miami for Cuba
- Tear gas in Paris, Istanbul as tensions erupt on May Day
- Republican presidential race: Donald Trump hits out at Hillary Clinton and Ted Cruz ahead of Indiana primary