No J&K problem, had Patel been PM: Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi on Monday said that had Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel been the
first Prime Minister of India, the country would have been
relieved of problems such as Kashmir and communalism.
"If Sardar Saheb had been the first Prime Minister,
things would have been quite different in this country," Modi
said, addressing a gathering at Swaminarayan temple here.
Today is the birth anniversary of Sardar Patel, the first
Home Minister of the country, who hailed from Gujarat.
Modi`s followers in BJP often call him "Chhote (Junior)
"Had Patel been the PM, the problems like Kashmir,
terrorism, communalism, problems of farmers, would not have
cropped up, or would have been dealt with and sorted out,"
"People still ask what would have been the situation if
Sardar Patel was alive today, how would he have reacted to
present crisis in the nation. This remembrance by the people
is one of the greatest tribute to the iron man of India," Modi
Hailing Patel`s role in unifying the country after
independence, Modi said, "Every Gujarati`s heart is filled
with pride when he remembers Sardar Saheb."
Modi also talked about his government`s plans to put up
Patel`s statue, which would be the tallest statue in the
world, to be called `statue of unity`, in Narmada district.
Referring to decision of Maruti Suzuki India to establish
a plant in Mehasana district, he also said that Gujarat was
emerging as a auto hub of Asia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family