No J&K problem, had Patel been PM: Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi on Monday said that had Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel been the
first Prime Minister of India, the country would have been
relieved of problems such as Kashmir and communalism.
"If Sardar Saheb had been the first Prime Minister,
things would have been quite different in this country," Modi
said, addressing a gathering at Swaminarayan temple here.
Today is the birth anniversary of Sardar Patel, the first
Home Minister of the country, who hailed from Gujarat.
Modi`s followers in BJP often call him "Chhote (Junior)
"Had Patel been the PM, the problems like Kashmir,
terrorism, communalism, problems of farmers, would not have
cropped up, or would have been dealt with and sorted out,"
"People still ask what would have been the situation if
Sardar Patel was alive today, how would he have reacted to
present crisis in the nation. This remembrance by the people
is one of the greatest tribute to the iron man of India," Modi
Hailing Patel`s role in unifying the country after
independence, Modi said, "Every Gujarati`s heart is filled
with pride when he remembers Sardar Saheb."
Modi also talked about his government`s plans to put up
Patel`s statue, which would be the tallest statue in the
world, to be called `statue of unity`, in Narmada district.
Referring to decision of Maruti Suzuki India to establish
a plant in Mehasana district, he also said that Gujarat was
emerging as a auto hub of Asia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened