No one can scare me: Narendra Modi
Bhavnagar: In the backdrop of CBI`s reported
move to quizz him in Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter killing
case, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi today said he
cannot be frightened and would fight against "falsehood" 100
"The war between nationalists and anti-nationalist demons
has started in Gujarat. But remember this is Gujarat where
anti-nationalists forces will be defeated", Modi said
addressing a rally in Palitana town of this district.
"If you think that you can frighten me, you should open
your ears and listen, Modi will bow down to truth and will
fight 100 times against falsehood," Modi said in stepped-up
offensive at a Van Mohatsav function.
"I want to tell Delhi Sultanat (central government),
Gujarat is inheritor of legacy of Mahatma Gandhi and Sardar
Vallabhbhai Patel who provided leadership to win our freedom.
Gujarat will win in this war of nationalism and
anti-nationalism", he said.
"This country never takes the side of those who stand
besides terrorists, those fighting for rights of `demons`,
anti-nationals and those related with underworld activities,"
Shah, former minister of state for Home, has been
arrested by CBI for his alleged role in Sohrabuddin Sheikh
fake encounter case and the agency is reportedly planning to
question Modi too.
"For the last eight years, there has been peace and
development in the state. They are trying to destabilise the
progress of Gujarat," Modi claimed.
"They are jealous of progress of Gujarat and so they are
not trying to derail the progress of the state", he said.
Addressing a rally in Ahmedabad, Modi yesterday had said
Congress has already accepted defeat in the forthcoming local
body polls and will have to field CBI officers as their
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!