No undue favour extended to any industry: Gujarat govt
New Delhi: Rejecting CAG`s report which speaks of "undue favour and benefit" extended by the Gujarat government to Reliance and Esaar, the state government has claimed that no favour was given to any industry.
"No favours were made to any industry by the state government. All the companies had comply with the norms and rules of the state and central governments. In its report, the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India has lauded the state government`s financial management and achievements of its public sector units for the year 2012-13.
"The report has stated that due to effective and result oriented administration of the state government the revenue income of the state has gone up by 128.79 per cent between 2008-09 and 2012-13. Similarly, the state`s own tax income has gone up by 19.42 per cent compared to the previous year," said a statement issued by the Gujarat government here.
The CAG in its report has said that the state-run Gujarat Urja Vikas Nigam Ltd (GUVNL) passed on "undue benefit" of Rs 587.50 crore to Essar Power by allowing it to change the delivery point of transmission of power to GETCO from its plant.
In another case, the report said that the state government-run Gujarat Maritime Board handed an "undue favour" to Reliance Petroleum Ltd (RPL) by allowing it to pay only half the stipulated port fees, which led to a loss of Rs 649.29 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you