`No wrong in advertisement lauding Narendra Modi’
New Delhi: Congress on Monday sought to downplay the embarrassment over an advertisement of the party hailing Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, saying there was nothing wrong in it if seen from proper perspective.
"It depends upon one`s understanding. They (the critics) have treated sarcasm as praise. It needs to be looked at holistically," Mohan Prakash, in-charge of Congress party affairs in Gujarat, told reporters here.
In reply to a question, he indicated that the issue was closed and there was no question of taking action against anyone.
A two-page pullout `Gujarat: Progressive since Inception` issued by Gujarat Congress on the Republic Day featured Modi`s photograph and described him as "a master organiser and astute election strategist".
Congress spokespersons have maintained the advertisement was a "sarcastic praise" of Modi`s achievements and insisted that it ridicules Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India