`No wrong in advertisement lauding Narendra Modi’
New Delhi: Congress on Monday sought to downplay the embarrassment over an advertisement of the party hailing Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, saying there was nothing wrong in it if seen from proper perspective.
"It depends upon one`s understanding. They (the critics) have treated sarcasm as praise. It needs to be looked at holistically," Mohan Prakash, in-charge of Congress party affairs in Gujarat, told reporters here.
In reply to a question, he indicated that the issue was closed and there was no question of taking action against anyone.
A two-page pullout `Gujarat: Progressive since Inception` issued by Gujarat Congress on the Republic Day featured Modi`s photograph and described him as "a master organiser and astute election strategist".
Congress spokespersons have maintained the advertisement was a "sarcastic praise" of Modi`s achievements and insisted that it ridicules Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand