Not appropriate for ally to comment on Guj CM: Venkaiah
Hyderabad: In an indirect reference to JD(U) raising objections on announcing Narendra Modi as the Prime Ministerial candidate of BJP, senior saffron party leader M Venkaiah Naidu on Wednesday said it is not appropriate for the ally to comment on the Gujarat Chief Minister now.
"BJP has not discussed about Prime Ministerial candidate. The alliance partners have got every right to have their own view. They can also suggest (on the Prime Ministerial candidate issue)," Naidu said.
"But it is unfortunate on the part of one of my allies to make a comment on the Chief Minister of Gujarat which is not healthy. They have got every right to have suggestion about the candidature. But it will not help the cause of the non-Congress movement in the country," he said.
BJP would take a call on its prime ministerial candidate at an appropriate time and no individual`s name has been discussed yet, he said.
Maintaining that there has been an upsurge of support for BJP across the country, he said Modi is the most popular leader in the country now.
Dismissing the talk about emergence of Third Front, Naidu maintained that such a front is a "permanent mirage."
"That regional parties would form government is a myth. Third Front is a permanent mirage," he said.
Citing the examples of governments led by VP Singh, United Front and IK Gujral, he said the Third Front experiment has always failed.
There are contradictions and serious differences among various parties at the regional level like SP and BSP in UP, Naidu wondered how can such regional parties come together.
The formation of government by coalition of regional parties in the form of a Third Front may not be good for the polity too, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack