Notification issued for second phase of Gujarat polls
Ahmedabad: The Election Commission on Friday issued notification for the second phase of Gujarat assembly polls for 95 constituencies where voting will be held on December 17.
"The notification for the second phase of polls has been issued today," Additional Chief Electoral Officer Sanjeev Kumar told PTI.
The second phase election will be held for 95 seats spread across 12 districts comprising Kutch, Banaskantha, Patan, Mehsana, Sabarkantha, Gandhinagar, Ahmedabad, Anand, Kheda, Panchamahal, Dahod and Vadodara.
In Ahmedabad district, out of 21 constituencies, 17 will go to poll in the second phase which will decide the fate of Chief Minister Narendra Modi who will be contesting from Maninagar seat.
Apart from Modi, voters will also decide the fate of former Minister of State for Home and accused in Sohrabuddin Sheikh and Tulsi Prajapati fake encounter cases, Amit Shah, who has demanded a ticket from Ahmedabad city. However, it is not yet clear whether the party would give him the ticket.
With notification issued today, candidates will start filing their nomination papers.
The last date of filing of nominations is November 30 for the second phase, which will also witness other high profile contestants like State Ministers Anandi Patel, Nitin Patel, Saurabh Patel and Congress leaders including former Deputy CM Narhari Amin, testing their luck.
Congress has already announced 30 candidates for the second phase which includes 15 sitting MLAs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day