Notification issued for second phase of Gujarat polls
Ahmedabad: The Election Commission on Friday issued notification for the second phase of Gujarat assembly polls for 95 constituencies where voting will be held on December 17.
"The notification for the second phase of polls has been issued today," Additional Chief Electoral Officer Sanjeev Kumar told PTI.
The second phase election will be held for 95 seats spread across 12 districts comprising Kutch, Banaskantha, Patan, Mehsana, Sabarkantha, Gandhinagar, Ahmedabad, Anand, Kheda, Panchamahal, Dahod and Vadodara.
In Ahmedabad district, out of 21 constituencies, 17 will go to poll in the second phase which will decide the fate of Chief Minister Narendra Modi who will be contesting from Maninagar seat.
Apart from Modi, voters will also decide the fate of former Minister of State for Home and accused in Sohrabuddin Sheikh and Tulsi Prajapati fake encounter cases, Amit Shah, who has demanded a ticket from Ahmedabad city. However, it is not yet clear whether the party would give him the ticket.
With notification issued today, candidates will start filing their nomination papers.
The last date of filing of nominations is November 30 for the second phase, which will also witness other high profile contestants like State Ministers Anandi Patel, Nitin Patel, Saurabh Patel and Congress leaders including former Deputy CM Narhari Amin, testing their luck.
Congress has already announced 30 candidates for the second phase which includes 15 sitting MLAs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre