Now, Digvijay compares Narendra Modi to Ravan
Ahmedabad: After sympathising with Sanjay Joshi following his "forced" exit from BJP, senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh has likened Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi to demon king Ravan, asking him to shun vanity.
"If you see Ravan, he had also a good track record of development, he had made (Sri) Lanka of gold. But what end he met with lot of pride and ego everybody knows," Digvijay Singh said on a question of Modi being projected as `Vikas Purush`.
"In the same way Modiji should somewhat understand these things," Singh told reporters at the city airport last night during a private visit.
"He should shun pride and ego and the picture for him will get clear," the Congress leader advised Modi.
To a question on Anna Hazare being called anti-national, Singh said he had seen the letter sent from the PMO to Anna and nowhere it has termed the veteran Gandhian an anti-national.
Singh had recently shown sympathy to former BJP general secretary Sanjay Joshi, who quit the party, allegedly at the behest of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
On June 9, Digvijay had said that Joshi was "framed" in the fake CD scandal.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India