Now, Digvijay compares Narendra Modi to Ravan
Ahmedabad: After sympathising with Sanjay Joshi following his "forced" exit from BJP, senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh has likened Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi to demon king Ravan, asking him to shun vanity.
"If you see Ravan, he had also a good track record of development, he had made (Sri) Lanka of gold. But what end he met with lot of pride and ego everybody knows," Digvijay Singh said on a question of Modi being projected as `Vikas Purush`.
"In the same way Modiji should somewhat understand these things," Singh told reporters at the city airport last night during a private visit.
"He should shun pride and ego and the picture for him will get clear," the Congress leader advised Modi.
To a question on Anna Hazare being called anti-national, Singh said he had seen the letter sent from the PMO to Anna and nowhere it has termed the veteran Gandhian an anti-national.
Singh had recently shown sympathy to former BJP general secretary Sanjay Joshi, who quit the party, allegedly at the behest of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
On June 9, Digvijay had said that Joshi was "framed" in the fake CD scandal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far