Now, Digvijay compares Narendra Modi to Ravan
Ahmedabad: After sympathising with Sanjay Joshi following his "forced" exit from BJP, senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh has likened Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi to demon king Ravan, asking him to shun vanity.
"If you see Ravan, he had also a good track record of development, he had made (Sri) Lanka of gold. But what end he met with lot of pride and ego everybody knows," Digvijay Singh said on a question of Modi being projected as `Vikas Purush`.
"In the same way Modiji should somewhat understand these things," Singh told reporters at the city airport last night during a private visit.
"He should shun pride and ego and the picture for him will get clear," the Congress leader advised Modi.
To a question on Anna Hazare being called anti-national, Singh said he had seen the letter sent from the PMO to Anna and nowhere it has termed the veteran Gandhian an anti-national.
Singh had recently shown sympathy to former BJP general secretary Sanjay Joshi, who quit the party, allegedly at the behest of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
On June 9, Digvijay had said that Joshi was "framed" in the fake CD scandal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs West Indies: List of records broken by Virat Kohli & Co during thumping win in 1st Test
- 2nd conviction in coal scam: Court convicts RSPL, 3 top officials
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 629—Abhi ends his relationship with Pragya!
- Philippine Abu Sayyaf kidnapped 5 sailors, Malaysia says
- Read –Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer's letter to employees