Now, Digvijay compares Narendra Modi to Ravan
Ahmedabad: After sympathising with Sanjay Joshi following his "forced" exit from BJP, senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh has likened Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi to demon king Ravan, asking him to shun vanity.
"If you see Ravan, he had also a good track record of development, he had made (Sri) Lanka of gold. But what end he met with lot of pride and ego everybody knows," Digvijay Singh said on a question of Modi being projected as `Vikas Purush`.
"In the same way Modiji should somewhat understand these things," Singh told reporters at the city airport last night during a private visit.
"He should shun pride and ego and the picture for him will get clear," the Congress leader advised Modi.
To a question on Anna Hazare being called anti-national, Singh said he had seen the letter sent from the PMO to Anna and nowhere it has termed the veteran Gandhian an anti-national.
Singh had recently shown sympathy to former BJP general secretary Sanjay Joshi, who quit the party, allegedly at the behest of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
On June 9, Digvijay had said that Joshi was "framed" in the fake CD scandal.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- 'Invisible hand' behind inaction of CBI, ED in AgustaWestland probe, says Manohar Parrikar in Rajya Sabha
- 'Will give up public life if found guilty in AgustaWestland scam'
- Date for estranged love-birds: Virat Kohli planning a dinner for Anushka Sharma?
- Do yoga, aquatic exercise to get relieve symptoms from multiple sclerosis
- Shah Rukh Khan is a huge, humble star: Waluscha De Sousa