Now, Gopinath Munde backs Modi for PM
Ahemdabad: BJP leader Gopinath Munde on Sunday joined the chorus to cultivate the image of Narendra Modi as BJP’s candidate for the top post.
The support comes just a day after Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Sushma Swaraj had praised Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as she said, “Modi is fit to be the next Prime Minister.”
Munde said that Modi has all the capabilities of becoming PM and fully agrees with Sushma’s sentiments. He added that people both love and respect Modi for what he has done.
Both these comments are perhaps a sign of unanimous acceptance within the BJP of Modi as their best prime ministerial candidate.
Till now BJP has been reluctant about cutting clear on Modi’s hopes of PM’s candidature. Modi, who is keen for the post, had generated a difference of opinion within BJP. In addition Bihar CM Nitish Kumar has further thwarted his chances, by daring to leave the NDA coalition if Modi is nominated for the PM.
But the BJP leader who arrived here to campaign for the party’s candidates in Gujarat Assembly Elections on Modi’s invitation is speaking highly of him both as a CM and a prospective PM.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- US, UN condemn Syria hospital bombing in war-ravaged Aleppo
- F-16 to boost precision strike capability in anti-terror operations: Pakistan
- UN Security Council readies North Korea missile test reply
- US Vice President Joe Biden on surprise visit to Iraq
- Panama papers scandal: Russia to join global fight against tax evasion